Indiana Eventing Association
Volunteer with IEA
There are LOTS of opportunities to volunteer with IEA, from our 3 horse trials to workdays or even sitting on the Board of Directors. Volunteering can be a fun and rewarding way to get involved with the sport. Most of the time, no experience is necessary. If you’re volunteering at a competition, there will be a training session each morning before the competition begins. Some of our volunteer opportunities include:
- IEA Classic Training & Novice Three Days and Horse Trials
- IEA Leg Up Horse Trials
- IEA Hoosier Horse Trials
- Hoosier Horse Park workdays
- IEA sponsored clinics
- Joining an IEA Committee
- Other specially approved activities benefiting IEA (must receive approval)
To See Available Volunteer Positions at Shows
- Visit EventingVolunteers.com
- Click the “I’m a Volunteer” button.
- Either create a login (first time users only) or sign in to your account.
- Click the EVENTS tab in the middle menu.
- Select Area VIII.
- You’ll be able to see a list upcoming shows in Area VIII. Select one of the IEA shows pending time of year (IEA HT, Leg Up, Hoosier Horse Trials).
- Select the tab that says “Event Days” and then select the day you wish to volunteer to see the list of available volunteer positions on that day.
- To sign up, click the green Sign Up button next to the position you wish to volunteer for.
As a reminder, IEA members are required to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours for IEA toqualify for year-end awards. The volunteer hours must directly benefit
an IEA function or activity. The minimum 10 hours should be submitted with coordinator signature to the Points Chairperson along with yearly competition record submitted through the IEA website. Additional hours benefiting the sport of eventing are encouraged and can be submitted without official signature via the website.
The 10 hours of volunteer time must be earned using the following guidelines:
- At least 5 hours of the 10 required must be earned directly by the competitor.
- Up to 5 hours may be donated to the competitor by a family member or friend.
- A volunteer may donate hours to only one competitor.
- The donated hours may only be used towards year-end awards (they do not qualify towards scholarship hours)
- Volunteer hours will be verified by the awards committee.